Today this blog turns 1. A big fat year old. I remember writing the first entry last year, while it was snowing. Today it’s sunny and breezy and warm. It’s already been 80 degrees outside this year. Which is a little much for me.
So what have I done in a year? Wellll a lot. I’ve crossed a lot of things off of my 30 by 30 list, I entered( and placed!) in Iron Cupcake, I’ve gotten actual paying baking jobs, and currently I’m working on creating human life. No biggie.
It’s been quite a year and to celebrate I’ve decided to pick my top 5 recipes from the last year. In case you missed them or haven’t made them, here’s another reason why. They’re really just that good.
1. Spiced Brown Butter Bourbon Ice Cream– I’m pretty sure this is quite possibly one of the fattiest, richest desserts I’ve made. And thus, one of the most tasty.
2. Lemon Raspberry Rolls– I’ve made these at least 3 times in the last year. I love these. More then cinnamon rolls. They’re probably the best breakfast pastry ever.
3. Oreo Cookie Dough Ice Cream– this sort of happened by accident. There was leftover cookie dough, left over oreos and I couldn’t think of a better way to get rid of them. It was soooo good.
4. Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies– these have been my favorite chocolate chip cookie this year. Moist and delicious with the salty crunch of homemade toffee.
5. Brown Butter Strawberry Bread– the bread and the muffins are so rich and caramelly when you pull them out of the oven and the overload of fruit balances the nutty brown butter just perfectly.
So if you’ve been around since I started this, you’re amazing! I love you people. Finding comments on here and not being able to figure out whether or not I know the person makes my day. You lovely reader, are the reason I’m doing this. So thank you for reading, thank you for commenting and thank you for cooking and baking!! I can’t wait to share the next pregnancy craving and homemade baby food filled year with you!